Greenville • Wilson
Greenville North Carolina’s première breast imaging practice. We provide a comprehensive range of screening, diagnostic and minimally invasive biopsy services in a custom designed warm, relaxing and caring environment.
Ours is the only breast imaging practice in North Carolina that is independently owned and operated by physicians. The facility is designed to be like a spa and is quiet, private and comfortable. All major insurance plans are accepted and generous discounts are offered to uninsured patients. Flexible payment plans are available.
Why Choose CBIS for Your Breast Ultrasound?
The COMPANY exists only to serve in the mission of finding breast cancer at its earliest stages when it is easiest to cure. This is very uncommon. Most breast imaging services are performed by hospitals or multimodality radiology practices. Even if they have a dedicated breast imaging facility it is just one component of their business. Everything we do is in service of this singular mission.
The STAFF does nothing but breast imaging. They are dedicated to learning and providing just one service.
The DOCTORS are all (both) fellowship trained breast imaging specialists. We do nothing else. Specialists in breast imaging can achieve the lowest false positive rates (ours is around 5% whereas the national average is around 10-12%). At 5% we are able to find the cancers that can be found but do not call the others abnormal which results in unnecessary fear, radiation, and cost. In addition, when we decide something needs a biopsy it is more likely to be a true positive result. This means that we can avoid unnecessary biopsies in many women. Many of the women who were told they needed a biopsy, were told by the specialists that they did not need one AND many women who were told they were normal ended up needing a biopsy and having cancer.
- We have FDA/MQSA certification to perform all of our services
- We are certified as an ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, which we received by meeting ACR’s high standards in all aspects of breast imaging.
The CBIS Advantage
- We were the first in Greenville and in Wilson to offer 3D mammography. Since 2014 we have performed 3D on every screening patient. Other practices still do some 3D and some 2D (often depending on ability to pay/insurance). We have never done that.
- We are the first (and still only) practice to use 3D screening ultrasound (ABUS) in the Eastern half of the state.
- We also are the only practice in the region using 3D CAD on our mammogram images.
All of these technological advantages mean that you receive more accurate imaging, helping to catch cancer earlier and identify non-cancerous lumps with less stress.
What to expect when you come to Greenville for an appointment.
We pride ourselves on having a very non-medical, spa-like environment. Comfortable furnishings, hardwood floors, background music (not elevator music), soothing colors help you relax when getting ready for your appointment. Private check-in areas. Each patient gets her own private dressing room, a cloth gown and a key to lock the room while she gets her exam. She doesn’t have to worry about outer clothing, purse, etc. There is a private (female only) interior waiting room for women in their gowns.